Wednesday, November 8, 2017

One Room Challenge Fall 2017 ~ Week 6


Welcome to Week 6 of One Room Challenge Fall 2017!  We are at the final home stretch and this week is all about the finishing touches in our guest bedroom and powder room makeovers.  If you are new to DesignMaze, here is a quick recap of #ORCFall2017:

Week 1 / Week 2 / Week 3 / Week 4 / Week 5


With our matte black drapery hardware installed last week, we are ready for the striking and bold drapery panels.  I fell in love with the custom, hand-painted drapery by Hollie of Hollie Cooper Interiors (as seen in Christine's sensational master bedroom) and I was dead set to get it in the guest bedroom.  The client was not completely sold on the idea, worrying it might be a touch too bold.  After a few clicks online, the client has sourced this similar version.

Though very budget friendly, this next best option needs to be lined and hemmed in order for the panels to look substantial and professional in the room.  Client is happy with the result and I am happy for her.         


In case you haven't noticed, I love mixing patterns and textures through fabrics.  From the super soft bedding and blankets from HomeSense and the luxurious solid velvet on the upholstered bed from West Elm, to the whimsical designer pillows from Sarah Richardson's home textile collection and the most sumptuous ikat fabric designed by Martyn Lawrence Bullard for Schumacher, all fabrics are rich in texture / patterns and I love how they all look harmonious hanging out in this bedroom.  


For the powder room, I am SOOO excited about this "Hitchhiker" from the Prada Marfa collection by Gray Malin.   


It is daring, full of attitude, and it adds a vibrant pop of sapphire blue against our dramatic yet monochromatic wallpaper.  Now which wall will it go on? You will have to find out next week!


With all the key pieces nailed down, I am now shifting my attention to flowers.  No rooms are completed without fresh blooms and I am absolutely obsessed with arrangements that are sculptural with an organic vibe thanks to the inspirations from Coyote FlowersCitizen Bloom, and Blush and Bloom.  Here are something I am trying out at home:     



It's time to get ready for the photo shoot and you all will get to see the finished guest bedroom and powder room in 7 days!  For now, be sure to check out the 20 talented featured designers and guest participants for Fall 2017 One Room Challenge!

30 comments:

  1. Coming down to the line. I love the art and accessories. Ready for the big reveal next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too!! wish these are my own rooms!

      Delete
  2. The mix of textiles looks stunning against that gorgeous backdrop! That paper still slays me - the Gray Malin piece just sings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TYTY!! Loving your progress too and yay to finishing together next week!

      Delete
  3. Ok- that bed! That wallpaper! It is all so stunning! You are practically finished. I'm excited to see the final images next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XOXO Ashley!! Be sure to visit again next week ... it will be fantastic!

      Delete
  4. Tim this is all looking SO good. I love the mix of fabrics and patterns. That wallpaper has created the perfect backdrop for all your pops of colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ariel!! I sure did have a lot of fun with the mix and you know that's my favourite part of the design process!

      Delete
  5. Tim! You stopped me in my scrolling tracks! I don't know that I can say you've outdone yourself here because you are ABSOLUTELY amazing, I don't even know if that's possible! All of this is SO gorgeous and I am SUPER excited to see your reveal next week because it looks so good already! Wow! I am amazed by all your creativity and talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW you are too sweet! We have put a lot of effort into making these two rooms happened for #ORCFall2017. I couldn't be happier to see that they are well received! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Your cloud wallpaper is beautiful! And I love the punches of color: can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TYTY!! I was debating no colors or pops of vibrant colors. Love that you like the colors too!

      Delete
  7. The wallpaper is the perfect choice - so much impact but still subtle. Can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks V!! Loving yours too ... so perfectly you!

      Delete
  8. Did not disappoint in the mixing of pattern/textures in the linens - #goals!! That bed has been one of my favorites but it's even better against that wallpaper. So looking forward to next week's reveal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am beyond thrilled to see how it's coming together! Can't wait to share it all next week!

      Delete
  9. I die! This is such a gorgeous room. I want to tuck myself into that bed and daydream until the ORC is over. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy! I love this room too and wish it is mine!

      Delete
  10. Love it! Can't wait to see the final reveal :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so good! I love the bed, wallpaper, lighting, and everything else in the room. I can't wait to see the finished space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kalila! I am so pumped after seeing all the pieces coming together and the room looks just like our design game plan! can't wait to layer in the finishing touches for reveal next week!

      Delete
  12. Loving the mix of patterns and fabrics! I can't wait for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth!! It has been a super fun #ORCFall2017! Let's cross the finishing line together next week!

      Delete
  13. Oh wow! You always have the most unique looking pieces in your designs Tim. I really love that piece of art. It seems to come alive at first glance. I also love your fabric choices - you know what! I love just about everything...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to see the reveal Tim. Isn't this all so exciting?! Final stretch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa me too! only 4 more days now!

      Delete
  15. Glad to hear your client is happy with the curtains! I can't get over the dramatic windswept wallpaper... It makes me want to cuddle up against the velvet headboard and read Gulliver's Travels.

    Happy last week of ORC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! yes the curtains were a tough choice for me but it's the client's guest bedroom after all and she gets the final say!

      Delete