Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Holiday Gift Guide 2013: Alanna Cavanagh

Happy Wednesday! You know I am in full blown holiday spirit when I have two gift guides in a row.  The talented and super fun Alanna Cavanagh is hosting her annual sale this Saturday from 12pm to 6pm at her eclectic chic studio, and with lots of new prints and old favourites available, it is the event of the year you won't want to miss.

I sadly won't be able to make it this year due to work (that darn day job got in the way again), but I did manage to sneak in to Alanna's studio to give you all a sneak peek of what is to come this Saturday.

image via Alanna Cavanagh
Before I show you the prints I just absolutely love, here is the artfully curated space (and the artist's top secret bulletin board) that inspires all the heart warming, colourful, and whimsical master pieces handcrafted by Alanna.  I am so getting that large Brogue shoe print in blue.  I think it will look stunning at the foyer of #ProjectChris with this ultra modern Vivienne Westwood paper from Cole & Son as backdrop.  Lord Percy, the cheerful canary in bright yellow, also made my day by singing me a couple of sweet tunes.  For a full tour of Alanna's home, be sure to get your copy of the special printed edition of Covet Garden Magazine here.

top left image via Covet Garden 
Here comes your first look of what is to come at the sale this Saturday and in the month of December.  The penguin is definitely high on my wish list.  The big scissors in vibrant tangerine orange is one of Alanna's first prints and it reminds one of the most popular.  

Remember Franny? She is darling and has been sold out for quite some time now.  Alanna is bringing her back in December.  If you have been hunting down Franny for awhile, be sure to come chat with Alanna and perhaps have one reserved just for you.  This will be Franny's last appearance, as Alanna will be splitting the screen after Franny's final farewell.

In case you haven't noticed, I am a big fan of Chanel No. 5 (see this version by Jen Ramos in #ProjectPowderRoom) and I am totally crazy about this brand new print by Alanna right off the press.  Bathroom at #ProjectChris, I can already see it happening!


Another limited edition making its last appearance is the Large Dress Judy.  It was featured in this elegant and sophisticated bathroom in the House & Home magazine.  Only 18 prints have been made and as you can see, the screen was split.  Get your very own Judy before the collection is sold out!

left image via House & Home
I bet by now you know that I wouldn't be able to go home without a print or two by Alanna.  I found this lovely big scissor in pink under Alanna's drawer and of course I have to pick up a Large Dress Judy + a little iron.  They are perfect for the blank wall by the laundry closet at #ProjectChris.   


So mark it on your calendar my friends: December 7th from 12pm to 6pm, Alanna's studio is where you want to be!  You can also follow Alanna on Instagram for behind the scene process photos of the latest to come at her shop!

image via Alanna Cavanagh
Before you head over to Alanna's shop, we have a winner for the holiday stamp #giveaway from Penny Paper Co.  The lucky winner of this charming kitchen stamp is comment No. 15 (generated randomly by machine): Sara of Saige Wisdom!  Congrats Sara and please email me your contact info here

image via Penny Paper Co.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Tim! Just got a Christmas gift idea for someone I was totally stumped on!!

    ReplyDelete