Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Special Feature: Steven & Chris w/ Erin McLaughlin

Hello Wednesday!  We have made it to the middle of this cold and cloudy week, and to celebrate such achievement (believe me, we all deserve a high-five), let me share with you one huge special feature that makes me super happy: a house tour with Erin MacLaughlin for the Steven and Chris show of a serene family space I help decorated!

Designing/decorating spaces for others is no easy task, especially when the space needs to be completely kid friendly and yet with a mature, classic elegance aesthetic.  Lucky me, my dear friend M and I share an exact vision with it comes to design and let me tell you, I don't think she had said no to any of the choices I presented to her!!  We absolutely had a blast decorating for this family space, the outdoor patio, and of course the ultra chic powder room you all have been waiting to see.  M and I are tackling a couple more projects in the house, and I will share more on those later on.

Back to the amazing opportunity to be featured on Steven and Chris (a huge THANK YOU to Erin), here is the white, grey, and cream kitchen space designed with serenity in mind.  


I would definitely have this kitchen in my own house in a heart beat.  For those of you who would like to achieve a similar look in your own home, here are three simple steps to follow:


1.   Pick an accent color to complement with your overall pale, neutral palette. In this case, we picked this soft dandelion yellow, which works harmoniously with the mix of white and cream.

2.   Layer patterns, colors, textures, and select tailored furniture for a timeless dynamite look. A pair of Chloe chairs in cream fabric from Sarah Richardson Design sit graciously in this sumptuous space. 

3.   Fresh flowers. Nothing speaks serenity better than beautiful blooms in shades of cream, white, and lime. 

You all know I love a good behind-the-scene fun.  Here is an exclusive peek from the location taping just for you!


I was super excited to visit the studio again and wondered what has changed since I was there last time.  The set was ever-so-inspiring and I totally lucked out to have learn a lesson on how to create a beautiful, restful retreat by Erin herself.      


Now if you have missed the segment last week, here is your chance to watch it.  Please welcome Erin and the Guys!   

9 comments:

  1. HOORAY TIM!!!! This is amazing - I can't believe ERIN did a tour of your design for STEVEN and CHRIS!! I see big things ahead for you, my talented friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim! I just watched the video. WOW, congratulations on this amazing feature. The space that you designed is so breathtaking, no wonder it made it to TV. Congrats!
    ps. Feeling a little giddy that you were inspired by my pinboard yesterday. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim I came over from Barbara's and am so excited to discover your site! Love adding yellow to decor and design!

    xoxo
    Karena
    A Special Scalamandre Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome - love it, especially the behind the scenes in the studio shots. P.S. High five right back, what a week... nearly weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Tim! A recognition well-deserved! I will have to watch it online!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fun to go to the show - thank you! Nice job on the graphics. The post looks great!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely.. wondering whose work is the grey circle painting? love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tim,
    Can you please let us know who painted the grey circle painting in this episode?

    ReplyDelete