Friday, October 5, 2012

the Bay: Holiday Edition

Happy Friday!  Thanksgiving long weekend is right around the corner and with temperature remains  below 20C, it is time to add some coziness to both our home and our wardrobe.  Heading up north to our favourite B&B has been a Thanksgiving tradition for Chris and I, and this year is no exception.  Sweaters, jackets, long pants are all part of the wardrobe essentials and then I thought, maybe I need to bring some colorful stripes from the Bay!

I was invited to the holiday preview at the Bay a little while ago and let me tell you, I absolutely fell in love with their signature collection! From jacket & scarf, tote & watch to pillow & throw, this classic Canadian traditional pattern has completely revived itself into a bold statement from fashion runway to stylish homes.  See the pillow at bottom right corner? It has the classic stripes in wool on one side and a faux fur (almost looks like reindeer) on the other. This pillow is truly a keeper!        



Now I need some help.  I fell in love with this carry-on the moment we met.  Leather details for handles, buckles, and base, this little number scores really high on my "Want List".  My trouble is, there are two versions of this lovely Billy Kirk Multi Striped bag: fun colorful vs. classic monochromatic.  Which one would you choose?     

Speaking about upping the coziness at home, how about this luxurious faux fur throw by GlucksteinHome in black designed  to travel between your city home and weekend getaway.  If you are not sure about "fur", how about these silk, flannel, and cotton options in sophisticated ikat, plaid, or solid grey? I can totally picture myself having a glass of wine next to the fireplace with one of these throws right by my side. 


While we are on the topic of glamorous and decadence, let me introduce you to this incredible dining set by Mikasa Calista.  I LOVE the geometric patterns and how they are not matchy-matchy!  The plates are set off beautifully by the silver charger and the muted gold placemat.    


A close-up for you to check out all the intricate details of the different patterns: greek keys and links, all in silver and white.  Gorgeous!  If you are looking for something a little more natural inspired, check out these winter branches in gold by GlucksteinHome!  


A mod black & white palette can also be a big hit at your dining table this year with this elegant Japanese floral set by Kate Spade.  I have always love this very modern pattern designed by a famous Australian artist, Florence Broadhurst, almost four decades ago.  Originally designed as wallpaper, this graphic pattern has been transcended to fabric, area rug, and now as place setting.  The elephant and owl in matte black with gold "sketches" are just too adorable, and they work perfectly with this sumptuous plates by Kate Spade.    

Back to color talk, remember I framed up a tea towel designed by the talented Alanna Cavanagh in my living room? Here comes two new towels that you won't want to miss.  The one in my hands is the limited edition tea towel designed by the one and only Tommy Smythe!  What fun and how perfect it is for a gourmet kitchen.  

See the one Arren has on the right? Isn't that just so festive and you just want to have it for Christmas?  This is another amazing creation by Alanna Cavanagh!  If you have missed her first towel, make sure you get this second one.  The towel designed by Tommy should be available in the Fall and the holidays towel by Alanna will be available in the next couple of months. 




In case you haven't noticed, the once a year, oh-so-festive Christmas Street at the Bay is being built as we speak!  I have always loved the variety of assortments and decoration the Bay and the GlucksteinHome teams put together year after year.  You can read about Christmas Street 2011 here.  For this year's Christmas Street, the Bay has five themes for us: Regency, Frost, Under the Mistletoe, Highland, and Midnight Moon.  Here is Arren showcasing the most adorable mini TV with your favourite holidays songs.  Made to be an ornament, this Santa with a stylish jacket from the Bay may just be my next tree topper!  

I have a fireplace at home but have never been a stocking fan.  I don't know about you but I may be convinced with the sight of this super chic option.  With faux fur at the top, intricate stitching and embroidery details, and multi-colored "pom pom" all tie together in the Bay signature strip!  HEART IT!


Here are more holidays decoration with a touch of the classic stripes: the perfect gifts from Canada to our friends and family overseas don't you think? I may just have to send a package to Germany this year.    


And if you are looking for sparkles and glamour for this holiday season, this is what you want to take home today!  These exquisite creations by Kate Spade is stunningly beautiful and will definitely give your home that extra special and posh touch.  Add to Wish List: checked!   


I had such a blast at the preview and look at who I bumped into: the super talented Malcolm Patterson and Samantha Pynn, the hosts of an inspiring TV show, Summer Home.  Thanks Jen of Rambling Renovators for taking the photo for us!


Thanks Arren for having me at the holiday preview and mega thanks for this ultra stylish gift! I love this watch and it is now available at the Bay.


Have you caught the stripe fever yet? I HAVE and from shopping & working out in style to being the most stylish person up at cottage country, these amazing items are all available at the Bay right now. 

 

Chris and I may look just like these fellas tomorrow night sitting by a camp fire up at Ansaku B&B.  Happy Thanksgiving long weekend everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Super jealous that you were with Samantha Pynn! She is one of my favourites. I can never get tired of the Bay's signature colorful striped colleciton. They are so festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and she is lovely in person too! Hope to bump into her again soon!

      Delete
  2. wow...lucky guy you! Just bought a striped baby blankie for a new mom...she loved it. I think i want the HBC trench...ya I think i do and that moose ornament. happy friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Bay signature stripe is so classic! I so need to get more of it as well! Hope you had a great weekend :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, Tim there is way too much goodness and awesomeness here, and I'm with you...I never get tired of the Bay's Company Collection...My love for pom pom' right now is just ridiculous...so Must. Buy. Stocking! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love... the bag, the watch, the teddy. Ah, forget it, ALL of it!

    P.S. I also have that pastel jacket from Topman - isn't it amazing? It looks great on you, Mr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! So many to choose from and not enough piggy banks! You have that jacket too? it's my favourite ... so fresh and love how TopMan's jacket fits me perfectly ... if I can get the one and only size 34 in the store!

      Delete
  5. Jealous!!! I'm a big fan of Samantha Pynn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Tim, I want that carry on bag too!! I love the classic colourful stripe, and I think I NEED it for my trip to Paris. You should get the monochromatic one and we can be Bay signature stripe bag buddies ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. get one of their totes ... I seriously think I need one!

      Delete
  7. I love the geometric plates too! Wish I could shop there personally! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe the Bay will ship to US Vel!

      Delete
  8. Oooh, I love all the HBC stuff! I must make a trip downtown to the Bay store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Queen Street store has a full collection. MUST-SEE Jean!

      Delete