Monday, October 8, 2012

Thanksgiving: 2012 Edition

Happy Thanksgiving Monday!  I hope you all are having a fantastic time with friends and family.  Chris and I are up north this weekend and lucky us, the leaves are looking incredibly vibrant and lush.  There are a few milestones and achievements that I am very grateful for at this Thanksgiving, including our 5th anniversary.    

We are not big on gift exchange at anniversary or Valentine's Day, but for our 5th anniversary, I decided to do something special.  So special that both gifts had to travel a long way before landing in my hands.  I have always loved the sleek and stylish paperweight (a.k.a. Art Breaker) designed by Francois Dallegret.  Made from steel with 14K and steel chrome plating, this tablet shaped paperweight magically turns into a heart!  To make it extra special and personal for the occasion, I also had it engraved with our initials.  

Not available in Canada and was sold out/discontinued at MoMA, I found it online, had it shipped to my friend in Florida, and then had him brought it back to Toronto during his recent visit.  I wasn't kidding when I told you these gifts are special.


Gift #2 idea was inspired by my buddy Will (a.k.a. Mr. Bazaar of Bright Bazaar) on one of his fab "10 Things I Learned This Weekend" posts.  Each Wemories Box comes with 12 photo cards and you can also include a personal message on each of the cards.  The quality of the materials and printing technique is superb and I couldn't be happier with the final product.  

Wemories is located in Spain and will ship to most European countries.  So to get this box landed in my mailbox, I actually had it shipped to Germany and then my father-in-law was so kind to redirect it to Canada.  Long process I know, but it's all worth it!    


I wasn't going to "re-package" these gifts since they were very presentable in their original glory.  This, my friend, is the confetti bow that changed my mind.  Available at Papyrus, this multi-colored bow simply puts a smile on my face, and so are these wax stickers with a pine corn motif.  Super adorable.   


With breathtakingly beautiful scenery right outside of my window, I took this shot with Instagram during breakfast time.  This gorgeous farm house sits quite a bit away, so I had to zoom my iphone camera as far as possible to capture the image.  Love the vibrancy of the colors and how it almost looks like a painting! 


While shopping for some local meats and fresh produces at the Kimberley General Store, I spotted these two charming houses with stunning architectural details and check out that view!!  I am extremely jealous of the folks living in these houses.   



I also picked up this stylish tote at the store.  Love the chic black & white canvas bag with a whimsical twist via the hand-drawn sketch of the store in raspberry red.    


I hope you are having a lovely Thanksgiving long weekend! Will see you all on Wednesday for yet another one of my favourite Style at Home features.  


22 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a super Thanksgiving weekend! The leaves look stunning where you are staying... autumn perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are stunning indeed. more pics at my instagram Mr :)


      Delete
  2. Have a I told you lately that you're the sweetest/most adorable boy ever. How romantic and sweet those gifts were!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C and I HEART U!! We need to meet up for another chat soon!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to you and Chris on your 5th anniversary. So happy to see that you are enjoying a weekend away up north at this beautiful time of year. The scenery is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's getting hard to go out without Tim being recognized. The waitress at The Flying Chestnut last night apparently had read his blog! For that reason we can't reveal where we are staying, out of fear we might not be able to enjoy our privacy here in the future :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... right. that's still a long way to go before I have to put a hat, sunglasses, and scarf to cover my face! It was nice to hear they like the write up I did for the restaurant. It is certainly our favourite and that's why we are back every time we are in the area.

      Happy Anniversary!

      Delete
  5. Yes, your gifts to Chris are adorable and what lengths you went through to get them. Happy anniversary! And, don't forget about your friends now that you are a celebrity. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V!! Hey you are the design superstar my BFF, special featured in the Organization Issue with pages of images!

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary Tim and Chris! Love the gifts and the scenery! Happy Thanksgiving! Xoxo

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Can't wait to see the transformation of your home and the newbie to the family! xo

      Delete
  7. This is super cute, Time!!! I love it!!!!! All the best to you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Igor!! just talking about our trip to Germany next year .... can't wait to see you again .. Christmas in Munich, how festive!

      Delete
  8. Oh these are so thoughtful and lovely - congrats on five years Tim and Chris! xo LOVE that instagram shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely gifts! Looks like you had a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. The gifts are amazing. So very thoughtful. Happy 5th!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Tim and Chris! I'm so happy for you, and fabulous photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww the paperweight and the Wemories box are so sweet and thoughtful presents. Happy 5th annivesary to you and Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone! We truly had a blast xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't you just love the colours in the country at this time!!! If you are driving back to Toronto from the Kimberley area you should take Airport Rd home...the views are stunning....and if you are feeling even more adventurous before HWY 9 take Sideroad 5 going east! There are some pretty nice homes on that drive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! And what awesome gifts! And a gorgeous getaway!

    ReplyDelete