Friday, October 19, 2012

HomeSense: Holidays Edition

Happy Friday! What is your plan for this weekend? I am heading over to Waterloo again and you all know what it means: HomeSense Marathon.  It is truly incredible to see the variety of products available at different locations and en route from Toronto to Waterloo, I get to hit at least 4 fantastic locations along the way!

So a little while ago I was at the HomeSense showroom to check out the sculptural, whimsical, and festive collection for Fall/Winter 2012.  First up is a room full of crystal + silver, and plenty of creamy white for this holidays season.  This collection is set to wow your guests with glam and glitter.  Before we head inside, let's take moment to check out these faux fur stools and this super soft luxurious area rug.      


Isn't this adorable?  I love the soft faux fur seat and these legs with a weathered wood finish for an organic touch.


Ready for sparkles and a whole lot of glam? Here is what you will find at HomeSense for this season.  From decadent mirrors, crystal-like chandeliers, elegant consoles and sideboards, to a great selection of silvery party essentials, you can definitely add a sense of extravagance to your own palace (for less).  


Here are a few items that caught my eyes: quirky side tables with polished chrome top for a health dose of whimsy, and a cluster of vintage inspired trophies and candlesticks in mercury glass style.

Here comes a luxe hide rug with delicate damask patterns edged right on it. The tone-on-tone silver finish creates drama and visual impact without being over the top.  


And just how can we have this glamourous talk without something from the Hollywood? HomeSense has a collection of licensed reproduction photography of Hollywood icons including Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn.  Love how fantastic these black + white photographs with mirror/gilded gold frames look against that lavender wall, and check out this beautiful rug in plum! Totally on trend.


Now if you are more into warm and earthy home decor (or you are a guy), this homey and cozy library may just be what you have been waiting for.  The chesterfield loveseat in dark chocolate leather is super comfortable, and I love the union jack on the ottoman and the pillow on this funky chair with a missoni inspired fabric on its back and sides.  Check out the rich and vibrant colors in the rug, the craftsman style table, the coral + white classic table lamp by Ralph Lauren, and these lighting fixtures (chandelier and floor lamp) are at fraction of the cost compare to those at Restoration Hardware.  


I have to bring these bookcases to your attention.  With trims on both top and bottom, beadboard details as backdrop, a creamy satin finish, a ladder, and all for $499, these stylish bookcases won't stay in the store for long.  I now wish I have a spare bedroom to turn into a study!  Tribal pattern is also hot hot hot this season and so are these pillows.  Geometic, ikat, chevron, these pillows have them all!

Hello doggies!  These two prints are my absolute favourites and if you do see them in store, please pick them up for me.  I still haven't been able to locate them ... maybe I will this weekend.  Wish me luck.


Do you dress your kitchen holidays style? I do and particularly because I also need the cooktop + counter to become the cocktail bar for my guests.  This bistro kitchen is to die for: a pair of attractive and functional islands (with open/closed storage and topped with marble!), high contrast black & white on the back wall, and super chic industrial pendents for an extra special touch.   


Off the kitchen is this breakfast nook with a pedestal table, a pair of metal chairs inspired by the Thonet bent wood chairs, and this simple yet sophisticated pendant.  Love the brass detail and how it complement the charcoal grey light cage. 

I love this quaint little vignette.  Tucked next to the kitchen, this servery features a sleek sexy color palette: black + silver.  To balance off the sharpness of this edgy palette, a delightful vine wallpaper is installed for a timeless look.   


Of course wreaths, Christmas trees, and other faux greenery are all part of the holiday preview.  I heart the frosty look on this wreath ... see how hot it looks against that race car red door with cast iron hardware!

Here are a few of my picks for this holidays season (a.k.a. on my want list): perfect holiday gifts (for me ... thank you Chris) or a little extra special for your own home.  First up, charming silvery frame with feather motif for less than $10.      


How about a grouping of these sophisticated lanterns? I love the leather handle with stitches detail.  These handles come in black or brown leather.  Need to hunt down a couple for my kitchen.


Black & White is such classic color combo that everyone loves.  This gorgeous coffee table book offers loads of inspiration, one of which is this timeless kitchen designed by the talented Tommy Smythe!  I know ... WE ALL LOVE THIS KITCHEN!

The Rug Event is now on at HomeSense.  Wish me luck finding these stunning beauties this weekend. Second life or classic flat weave, these two took my breath away when we first met.

Did I just hear you saying "START THE CAR"?  I sure am starting mine, and if you do decide to join me for a HomeSense challenge this weekend, please drop me a comment to let me know if you see any of the items I featured today or the treasure you brought home. 

Happy shopping! 

17 comments:

  1. Ok...is that Homesense in Waterloo? It's gorgeous. I MUST own those doggy prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No C ... this is a special from the HomeSense Showroom. Though I did find a few items on my Waterloo tour :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Tim, that holiday collection is going to be so glam! Makes me want to throw on the Christmas music NOW and plan a party.

    Do you go to Waterloo often? I grew up in Waterloo and it's where my family home is, so I still visit there a lot when I have a break from design school in Toronto! :)
    Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do Tiffany! Chris lives in Waterloo so I go in at least once a month ... I also went to school there as well back in my university days :)

      Delete
  3. So fun to see what caught your eye. Good luck on the shopping marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe. ... different things caught our eyes this time. Can't wait until the next one.

      Delete
  4. Love it - those bookcases are fantastic. Have a great weekend Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been stalking Homesense for months trying to find a similarly graphic, flat weave grey rug like the one you show...wasn't out today, will have to keep checking daily! (what I have to suffer through for a deal ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still hunting!! wish us both luck!

      Delete
  6. Wow, what a luxurious assortment of goodies! My favorite? Do I have to spell it??? The cushions!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha .... why am I not surprised? oh Igor we make a fab team of pillow police!

      Delete
  7. What a great preview! Each theme and room are so different. Which was your favorite room Tim? Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! For me, I like the bistro chic kitchen the best. Love the black and cream with chrome ... very classy and totally timeless. How about you? Which room is your favourite?

      Delete
  8. Hi Tim, great tour, I could have such a field day in this store, the mercury glass candlestick are first to go into my basket alongside the big matching glass ball.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my... these are fabulous. What HomeSense do you go to? I want.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Where is that? My Homesense sure doesn't look like that! I haven't stepping into Homesense in months! This full time teaching grade 2 gig has really taken over my life! I can't wait until I have more time to devote to design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Wendy and Barbara, this is a special visit to the HomeSense showroom for their fall/winter collection. I'm on the hunt for a couple of the items too. What is catching your eyes?

    ReplyDelete