Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Balcony Makeover 2012 ~ Final Reveal

Happy Wednesday! It is time to reveal my balcony makeover for Summer 2012.  Remember the cheerful and preppy balcony filled with soft pastel colors featured in Style at Home earlier in Spring?  The serial decorator in me has done it again, and this time my balcony is all about luxe, Hollywood glam, with dramatic colourways & patterns.

For the full story of my balcony intervention, click here for the special feature on National Post Home.


Hope you enjoy the reveal of my balcony this year as much as I do.  I love how all the rooms in my condo are now unified by the similar intensity of patterns, colors, and best of all, my refining/maturing taste in home decor.   Here are a few extra shoots I am super excited to share with you all.


I am crazy about the faux grass on the floor from Southwest Greens.  For those of you who are considering putting grass somewhere grass just wouldn't grow, consider this eco-friendly alternative.  It is certainly pleasing to the eye and very comfortable on foot!  I even got Chris' stamp of comfort approval on floor covering.  Now that doesn't happen at DesignMaze headquarter everyday.


The black and white polka dot pillow I purchased from marimekko definitely adds an elegant touch and double as the subdued backdrop for a vibrant shot of kelly green from the little throw pillow.




Hope my balcony makeover inspired you to start re-thinking about your own outdoor entertainment possibility.  Remember, late summer and early fall is a great time to get outdoor furniture with exceptional quality for less.  Check out Andrew Richard Designs and Casualife (two of my favourite spots for outdoor furnishings), and start planning your next summer party! 

32 comments:

  1. Your balcony looks fabulous Tim! So when am I getting invited over? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's do something in the Fall! Would love to have you ladies over!

      Delete
  2. *gasp* looks fabulous!! Great job Tim! Love all the patterns and colors, green and blue such a nice color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it!!!! Looks amazing. All it's missing is me with a cocktail in hand (non-alcoholic of course!).

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will try to figure out something in the Fall. Maybe BB will join us too :)

      Delete
  4. Love it! Makes me wish I had an outdoor space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Glad you enjoyed the makeover!

      Delete
  5. Paradise - where can you buy the Moroccan lantern
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them from Kitchen Stuff Plus a couple of years ago. They originally came in black and I had them sprayed in white.

      I recently saw a few of them by the shops along the Summerhill and Yonge area. Good luck with your search!

      Delete
  6. Looks fantastic Tim, glad to be a "part" of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine! Couldn't have done it without the gorgeous fabric available at Tonic Living! Check it out folks!

      http://www.tonicliving.com/index.asp

      Delete
  7. my deck seems so drab to me now! We have some great furniture, but no accessories...
    Of course, my boys toy bomb it and whip the pillows all over!

    Ps I want so badly to tug the wrinkle out of the carpet....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO!! I only noticed it after the shoot when Scott sent me back the picture. That was the only problem I have with the rug and the grass: it doesn't sit "tightly" on the grass.

      I straightened it out before the shoot but the moment we moved the chair a little or stepped on it ... then oops.

      will your expert photoshop skills be able to magically remove the wrinkle? wink wink!

      Delete
    2. I wish!!!!

      I know two 1/2 tricks in photoshop - tops!!!!!

      I cracked open a manual on Lightroom, and realized how little photo jargon I know .... I don't even have the vocab, never mind the skills!!!!!

      Delete
    3. Saw how you turned a yellow picture back to normal lighting! To me, that was already a little miracle!

      Delete
  8. Your balcony looks fabulous, Tim! I love how you layered the different patterns using non matchy-matchy pillows using the same color combo, they are such visual eye candy for that space. I also like how you used the faux grass to bring in some natural elements.

    Your balcony is so beautiful and inviting, definitely inspirational! You did an amazing job, Tim! I also have the same CB2 kelly green clover pillows, great minds? :) I incorporated my CB2 pillows for my recent master bedroom makeover, check it out if you like.

    http://www.mixandchic.com/2012/08/my-master-bedroom-revealed.html

    Have a good day!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie! I love it too and I think it is here to stay!

      Have to thank you for the green CB2 pillows. I actually saw it on your blog awhile back before you used it in your master bedroom makeover! So Thanks so much for introducing me to this gorgeous and very well priced pillow!

      Delete
  9. Wow Tim - it looks so fresh and colourful! I guess I will see it in person in the Fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just LOVE it! I hope you have had time to enjoy it his summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! Green was such a great choice! I could enjoy a couple of cocktails out there for sure.. or just read my book! Love:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! The table kills me and the textiles are all stunning! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! You did it again - outdid yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on reviving that table base! Amazing what a 15-minute paint job can accomplish. I guess we're both glad of things that didn't sell at our garage sale.
    Great job, Tim, fashionable yet serene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! Very glad that the table didn't sell and of course your tip on giving it a coat of bold color!! Maybe you will see it at the garage sale next year when I am ready to "move on" :)

      Thanks for the glass as well. It works perfectly with the base!

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous!! Who would think it started from just a typical basic balcony? Great, great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I hope this will be here to stay at least for a year!

      Delete
  16. Fantastic, I shouldn't expect anything less from you Tim. It looks wonderful. Off to see what else I've missed on your posts. Bon weekend.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tim, this is gorgeous. Amy is right - it is just missing the party! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa!! Will have to invite you ladies over once I'm back in town!

      Delete
  18. Love it! Looks so fabulous! The colour palette is so fresh with the blue and green.

    ReplyDelete