Monday, June 11, 2012

Store Alert: West Elm Summer 2012

Happy Monday everyone!  Did you enjoy the fantastically sunny and warm weather on Sunday?  Pretty amazing June weather I would say.  It was a super busy weekend for me, as I was running around town like a mad man trying to get everything I need to wrap up the loft project for the house warming.  Lots have been done, and we are now at the stage where I bring in the finishing touches to take the space to the next level.

Will show you the space once it's all done and photographed.  For today, let me share with you all some goodies I spotted at West Elm from their Summer/Outdoor Collection.  Seaside contemporary beach house meets handcrafted cultural beauty is how I describe this collection.  Don't you just love these handmade sea creatures and the fishnet idea?  What a fantastic idea!  

Loving these mini flags in natural linen with white star block prints.  This garland is causal, stylish, and definitely puts a smile on my face! 



Outdoor furniture have come a long way from the good old white plastic stackable ancestors.  Check out this highly fashionable Hoyt Wing Chair with its dramatic high & wide back and super comfortable Hoyt Pod for a fun pool party!  These white seat cushions are made out of durable and practical outdoor fabric: polyester to be exact.  That means these seat cushions can stand up against harsh sunlight and you can also hose them down when needed.  Nothing can destroy them!


We need some fun pillows to go with these contemporary Hoyt outdoor pieces.  My personal favorite color palette for the season is blue and green.  Here are my two top picks: blue anchor + bold green leaf in silk. 


If blue and white is what you are hunting for this year, come check out West Elm for all these vases, pillows, baskets to build your own nautical oasis.  A close second runner up on my book is this coral red & soft grey palette.  As you can see, there are lots of options available for your home.


If you are concerned that the coral red maybe a little too bold to be used throughout the year, use it as accent and keep your interiors in neutral white + grey.  Love the detail work on this little red pillow. 


My bird fever led me to this cockatiel pillow and humming bird pillow in silk.  They are totally on trend with their watercolor look.



While admiring all these great products at West Elm, I'd kept my eyes open for items I need to source for the loft project.  We need a pendant for the front entrance for that important first impression and I am drawn to this organic blown glass pendent for its unique shape and design.  I am definitely keeping this on the list.


Hand towels ... don't we all want new, fresh hand towels in our bathroom? These Hammam Stripe towels are simple, yet graphic and sophisticated.  I need a couple of these towels with "R" and "T" ... looks like they are sold out for the moment.  To add an organic touch to this industrial loft space, I selected a 6 feet tall fiddle leaf fig tree from Valleyview Gardens (we do have a 10' ceiling after all) and  for that, I need a dynamite planter.  I am crazy about the colors, patterns, and shapes of these graphic lidded baskets.  No two pieces are exactly identical as they are all handcrafted by Senegalese artisans with recycled plastic and typha (a.k.a. cattail stalks).   The large one is just the right size for the 14" pot and one of these came home with me.  Which color do you like best?


We also need a little catch-all on the bathroom vanity.  These back painted glass trays with blue corals and green octopus may just be what we need in this lake house inspired bathroom.

By now you may wonder the color palette I selected for this project.  I can't reveal too much yet, but this place setting says it all!  


Have fun shopping at West Elm and I will see you all on Wednesday!

11 comments:

  1. Ahhh...I'm so envious! West Elm needs to come to Calgary! Lovely things for summer, most especially my favourite navy blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly for stopping by! Can you get West Elm to ship to Calgary? I think they do shipping to Canada :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds great Tim. Can't wait to see the reveal. Glad you made it to pick up the Fiddle Leaf Fig. Love that tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips on the Fiddle Leaf Fig tree! We did go for the 14" pot at the end .... the smaller one isn't available until we don't know when, and we have high ceiling, so thought this is actually a good size. Taking that in my car was a whole different crazy story let me tell you.

      Now I hope it will survive in the space: bright sun light and moderate watering.

      Delete
  3. West elm is amazing! A friend of mine actually made those sea creatures at west elm! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love those sea creatures. In fact, I bought three from the collection! just waiting for them to be used in the right room :)

      Delete
    2. Keep us posted Tim, excited to see what you'll do with them! Any decorating plans for fathers day weekend?

      Delete
  4. So many great picks, but I think the wing chair is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and you can get it shipped to you over in UK Laura :)

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see the project you are working on Tim! Love the anchor pillow, the rug and hand towel! West Elm is one of my favorite stores, what can I say?

    By the way, I am hosting a fabulous giveaway! So, come by and enter for a chance to win a designer pillow of your choice, if you like.

    http://www.mixandchic.com/2012/06/giveaway-65-gift-certificate-by-pillows.html

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie! Love the pillow collection and so entering the giveaway!

      Delete