Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Style At Home: My Condo

Happy Wednesday!  In case you haven't found out about this exciting news through my tweets yet, yours truly is being featured in the Color Issue of the Style At Home magazine this month.  It is such an honoured to share the pages of the magazine with the incredibly talented designers: Ms. Debbie Travis and Ms. Meredith Heron.  

Through this photo shoot, I have learned a lot about how to take magazine worthy pictures, and witnessed all the hard work and the professionalism of the Style at Home team.  Donna has done an amazing job in capturing these stunningly beautiful images and Ann Marie has transformed my space with accessories and floral arrangement.

Without further adieu, Ladies and Gents may I present to you: My Condo for Style At Home.


I tend to over accessorized.  However, less is definitely more when it comes to styling a space for a photo shoot: you want to give your treasures some room to breathe.


I love Craspedia for its bright mustard hue and see how beautiful they sit next to the lime green chrysanthemum.  And here I am ... sitting happily in my living room for my photo shoot.


All images via Style At Home April Issue

A HUGE thank you to Style At Home for this wonderful opportunity to observe and learn how a story in the magazine is produced, and seeing my own place in print is such a remarkable experience.  You can also read my interview with Elaine of Style at Home here.

Come back Friday for an exclusive behind the scene footage of how this story comes to life!

*****************************************************************
Update: The fabulous Elaine from Style at Home has put together this wonderful feature of my place online.  Check it out here!

image credit: Donna Griffith via Style at Home

*****************************************************************


Update: DesignMaze has made it across the pond.  I'm featured here at PLANETE DECO a homes world.  I am so super excited!!

image via Planete Deco

18 comments:

  1. GO YOU, Mr! Your place looks perfectly fun and colourful - I wanna hang out there and chat design with you right now, please! :) Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime Will! Be sure to contact me when you visit Toronto!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on a fabulous achievement and recognition - have to read up on it further. I love your use of color and mix of patterns.So glad I have discovered your blog. It is great to be able to learn to take good pics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for Tim ! looking forward to Friday's post :) Isaw the commnet from SR on FB! Congrats !! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! So well deserved. Love your condo and how you are always changing little things to keep it fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim: Thanks for sharing. Your place looks fab and your comments are so timely for me, also a designer, trying to figure out how to photograph my work. The photo's I take never do justice to how good the rooms look in person. I think the photography is so critical to communicating how good the work is! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Tim!!!! What a career highlight for you. Your home is beautiful! I adore your dining room - the wallpaper is amazing...the chairs are out of this world and the shot of green on the area just about takes my breath away.
    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received Style at Home in the mail today and recognized your beautiful apartment right away Congratulations Tim. You are a whiz at always tweaking things to add a little pizzas and the unexpected you always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ladies and Gents! This is truly an inspirational experience and totally beyond this world excited to see my place in print! More to come in the next couple of months ... stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic! Congratulations Tim. The recognition is well deserved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris!! We have to catch up sometime soon!

      Delete
  10. Well I think I have told you at least a few times how much I love your home! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks sooo good in the magazine Tim, and I have to say - that photo of you is DAMN good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kuddos Tim! Turnabout is fairplay for all that you give your fans and readers through your hard work. Bask in the limelight! Love the wallpapers and modern vintage pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome designing of this condo. So nice to live in there! :)

    makati condominiums

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't forget me when you take over the world ;)
    Congrats, Tim! So so happy for your growing success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All thanks to you Elaine and the amazingly talented Style at Home team! Couldn't be happier for the fantastic opportunity and be featured among the pages of the magazine.

      Delete