Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sarah Richardson: Christmas Edition

You all know I love all rooms designed by Sarah Richardson!  Her use of colors, patterns, texture, and space planning always inspire me to make my condo a better home.  I'd shared with you Sarah's country home in the Fall and today, I'm sharing with you Sarah's country home all decorated for Christmas!

This House & Home feature was actually from November 2010 but in case you missed it the first time around, here is your chance to catch it!   Always on top of the latest on design and fashion trends, Sarah already used "Tangerine Tango", Pantone Color of the Year 2012, a couple of years ago!  Love the clever ideas of placing a boxwood wreath in front of the mirror.

Nothing adds warmth and up the cozy factor better than a fireplace in the living room fills with pillows in earthy jewel tones.  A sheep skin rug on the chair doubles as throw also helps.


The happy couple with their adorable girls.  I of course love Sarah's kitchen with this amazing island in mustard yellow and the classic paperwhites and cotton branches for a simple and elegant floral arrangement.


If you are one of those lucky people who own acres of land with orchards, here is how you can transform your outdoor space into a winter wonderland!


What a stunning view of Sarah's country home at night when the lights are illuminated.


Back to the living room, Sarah decorated her huge tree with loads of ornaments and I just can't get over the coral and white floral pillow on the sofa!  For an elegant country style table setting, check out how Sarah dresses her cozy dining room.


I have always loved this painted running on the staircase and now more so seeing Sarah's decorated the railing with boxwood garland and simple glass birdie ornaments.  And what's the cutest of all in this magazine feature? The oh-so-adorable Robin making snow angel on fresh snow!


Now if you are still searching for the perfect gifts for friends and family, here is Sarah's and Tommy's gift guide on the Marilyn Denis Show!


True to the holiday spirit, of course I won't leave you finishing this post empty-handed!  One lucky reader will receive the November 2010 Issue of House & Home with Robin on the cover!  So what are you waiting for, leave me a comment on which Sarah's decorating tips will you incorporate in your home this Christmas.  Winner will be announced on Christmas Day!  

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog, and I love your affinity for Sarah Richardson! She can really do no wrong in my eyes. I'm going to put a wreath over my mirror now, too! (And I'd love to win the giveaway, too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of Sarah`s ideas! I`m going to dress up our fireplace mantel with cedar boughs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi !! I just finished watching Sarah's Christmas party for 200 show!!!! It was great! I loved her idea of lantern's on the wall....and so I decided that I will do that for my Christmas Eve supper party!!
    Of course, I couldn't find the lanterns that she had in her show....so I decided to buy white paper lunch bags...and I will add sand or aquarium rocks (whichever one I have in the garage!!) and then chunky long burning candles....!!! They will be lovely on my low stone wall!!! I will light them shortly before my guests arrive!! Merry Christmas to you and all!!!

    ReplyDelete